Wednesday, April 1, 2009

green chile

The first order of business in Taos was to call the German's friend back in Germany and sing happy birthday to her, in German.

After some tacos, we eventually found the tire houses. They are called Earthships, and they are also made of cans, and they're not a bad idea, not in the least. They are self-sufficient little things, using rainwater, solar power, love.

Here is a picture of the Brit in the control room of an Earthship.

Photobucket


And here is a streetname in an Earthship village.

Photobucket


Downtown Taos is a cute little place, and they sell pink cowboy hats, as well as jerky. Also they have this little duck you can ride.

Photobucket Photobucket

My car was still parked at the hostel in Santa Fe, so we went to get it. The Brit and I argued about the various pronunciations of things. Such as patronizing.

We made plans to go eat at the Bobcat Bite, which has famed green chile cheeseburgers. And I had been talking about them, nonstop. Brit and German tried to get me to go to Roswell with them but I said, no no no.

Then the Bobcat Bite was closed and I let out a hearty wail. Another place down the road was open and filled with cars. I did get a green chile cheeseburger there, as well as a PINT of margarita, and they were good. I still might return here to go to the Bobcat Bite. This is how seriously I take food.

We exchanged numbers and I drove west and they drove south. If you are in the Roswell region and you see a Brit and a German traveling, say hello to them.

I slept in my car in a Walmart parking lot. Before you go judging, keep in mind that Walmart encourages RVs and trucks to stay in their lot, and there were at least a dozen RVs there already, so you can just think of it as an RV park, and not a parking lot.

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I neglected to tell you this but I have been to many of these New Mexico places because my SISTERZ live there! And, while in Santa Fe, I had a delicious green chile cheeseburger that I still think about to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched videos of couples sleeping in Honda Fits.

    ReplyDelete