Thursday, March 26, 2009

Man I'm tired of writing on this blog. I think I know why. Here's where I left off.

Louisiana was lush. I liked the look of it, all the trees and the wet wind slapping around. It rained the entire time I was there. I drove across the northern part of it. Parts were crowded, parts were empty, but it was the same road. That's how it goes on DA ROAD.

I decided I would camp. I looked in my campbook and found a place that was 1) nearby 2) free. I planned to get there at 7. But I spent 3.5 hours looking for it. I never did find it, though again I wasn't lost. This was just like my last attempt to camp. It was dark, I was in an unknown place, it was more frustrating than anything else. (One difference here was that the campsite I wanted in Georgia was located near a Civil War memorial thing--some camp where 30,000 soldiers died horrible deaths in captivity. So maybe it was for the best that I never found it)

The rain got worse, and in frustration I just picked the first hotel I found. It was a Sleep Inn, and I found out that my UF alumni thingy allowed me a 10% discount. But the man at the front desk told me I had to make a reservation on the internets if I wanted the discount. And the room would be $95. javascript:void(0)

What happens when you are tired and when it is raining is: you spend money.

It was an absurdly luxurious room, considering the Secret Passage Dumphole in GA. So many linens--so, so, many linens. I should have taken a picture but I was lazy. And we've all been in semi-upscale chain hotels. So instead I ate tuna and watched Witness, starring Harrison Ford. I should have gone to bed but Witness is one of those movies that came out before I had consciousness, and it's like, not good enough to rent, but good enough that when you're in a hotel you watch it. Harrison Ford is great, and he exchanges so many sullen, lusty glances with the Amish lady of his desires.

I have no pictures of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment